๐๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฅ ๐๐ข๐๐๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ ๐๐๐๐ฅ๐ฆ ๐จ๐ ๐ ๐ซ๐๐ฎ๐ ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐๐ฌ
I remember interviewing a bookkeeper that had stolen thousands from her small business employer and hearing a term called, "Moral License."
At the time I wasn't sure what she meant, but it led me down a path of investigating her "Robin Hood" rationale behind this term and it's quite fascinating.
Fraud, a breach of trust and ethical boundaries, often leaves us questioning how individuals who lead seemingly virtuous lives succumb to such actions. The concept of moral licensing sheds light on this paradoxical behavior, emphasizing the danger of self-perceived moral credits.
As s professional #CFE navigating the complex landscape of business and finance, it is crucial to remain vigilant against the subtle whispers of moral licensing. The belief that past ethical choices grant immunity to future transgressions can lead down a treacherous path. ๐๐ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ซ๐๐ฆ๐๐ฆ๐๐๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐๐ญ ๐๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐๐๐ฅ ๐๐จ๐ง๐๐ฎ๐๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ ๐๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ฎ๐๐ฅ ๐๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ข๐ญ๐ฆ๐๐ง๐ญ, ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐-๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฆ๐๐ง๐ญ.
I remember closing my interview telling the bookkeeper, "ethical conduct is a principle that guides our everyday life, not just a consideration for the momentary time and place."

Comments
Post a Comment