Nope Can't Do Taxes

 





Dear Friends & Family,

Just because I’m an accountant does not mean:

• I prepare 1040s
• I know the latest child tax credit thresholds
• I can “just take a quick look” at your return
• I want to discuss depreciation at Thanksgiving

There are different types of accountants.

Some of us are:
• Controllers
• CFOs
• Forensic accountants
• Bookkeepers
• Outsourced accounting nerds
• Job cost fanatics
• Internal control watchdogs

That’s like assuming:

Every doctor is a brain surgeon

Every lawyer does criminal defense

Every contractor builds skyscrapers

Nope.

Different specialties. Different training. Different focus.

I can build you a job cost system.
I can dissect your balance sheet.
I can find where cash is leaking.
I can clean up your QuickBooks crime scene.

But tax prep? That’s a different lane.

So before you text me in March saying:
“Heyyyyy can you file this for me real quick?”

Ask me what I actually do.

Because somewhere out there is a tax professional who lives for that.

And it’s not me. 😎

#accountant #accounting #tax #taxes #taxpreparer #outsourcedaccountant #cfe #travelingaccountant #bookkeeper #bookkeeping #business #businessowner #taxprep #traditionaccounting #palmbeach


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

𝐁𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭... 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐬?

Owner entitlement

𝐀𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰, 𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 – 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫-𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.